Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1706171
Company: Fidelity Investments
Location: Westlake, TX
Posted on: July 14, 2017
Duties: Develops Java-based online transaction processing applications to
automate and support investment portfolio billing operations. Designs
business rules and application flows. Performs UI development using Java
Swing and Spring Framework. Reports on development using Hyperion SQR
reporting tool. Monitors and runs jobs in UNIX/Linux environments using
Control-M. Writes Java/J2EE and PL SQL source code.
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance testing.
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Provides Level 3 production support.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis
for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
• Translates business requirements into implementation plan by
considering all alternatives and implementing the best strategy to ensure
design meets performance, usability, reliability, and scalability
• Partners with product architects and development teams across the
firm to design and deliver solutions.
• Participates in the definition of functional and non-functional
• Adheres to best practices for all supported components, including
change management, release management, and source code control.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering, Information
Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related
field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3)
years of experience designing and developing Java-based enterprise
applications; Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering,
Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a
closely related field and one (1) year of experience in the job offered or
one (1) year of experience designing and developing Java-based enterprise
applications. Candidate must also possess: Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”)
performing Object-oriented design and analysis; reading and writing UML
diagrams; developing and maintaining Java-based multi-tier architectures;
configuring, managing, and hosting applications on WebLogic, Apache, and
Tomcat servers; and performing version control management using SVN; DE
designing and developing applications using Eclipse, Oracle, TOAD, SQL
Navigator, SQL Developer, and Soap UI, within Agile and Waterfall
environments; performing continuous integration using Jenkins, Maven, and
Service Now; and creating UNIX shell scripts; DE developing Web-based
applications and Web services using Java, XML, Spring Framework JSP,
an Oracle environment and database schema design.
To apply, visit http://jobs.fidelity.com and search for Job Number 1706171.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Dallas, Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1706171, Finance, Westlake, TX, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!